All casements used in manufacture are set to the regulatory specifications of the NHBRC. We use 30.5mm casements in most cases except where heavy duty is required for extra wind load or if the window height is in excess of 1500mm.
All glazing is in accordance with the Regulations set out by AAAMSA.
Safety Glass is used with our Hinged Doors, Sliding Doors, Side Lights, Folding Doors, Shower Doors, Shopfronts and Windows lower than 500mm from finished floor level, if being used in a bathroom near a tub, a stairway or balustrade. Any other window application would be glazed with a minimum of 4mm to a maximum of 1.5 meter square surface area.
All moving parts are bought from respected suppliers in the industry and in accordance with the SABS / SANS requirements.
Casement colour is chosen by the client. The choice available is either Anodised Aluminium or Epoxy (Powder) Coated Aluminium. The most common colour for anodizing is Natural which is better suited for coastal proximity. It requires less maintenance and has less corrosion in the harsh/salty weather conditions. Epoxy coated aluminium comes in standard colours namely White, Black, Bronze, Matt Charcoal, but can be colour coded to a broad spectrum at an extra cost.
Burglar Bars can be manufactured and installed to our products at an extra cost. Not all commercially available burglar bars are compatible with aluminium products.
All Doors are manufactured to customer specifications. They are made from scratch at our factory using superior materials and hardware.
All Shopfronts are manufactured according to the Specifications set out by Client and Architect.
RENOVATIONS / BREAK-OUT
We have a specialized team who deal with the re-beautifying of your assets.
However, it remains the client’s responsibility to ensure the following details are addressed prior to work commencing on a renovation site:
- All Burglar Bars exterior or interior are removed.
- All Burglar Alarm Contacts and Censors to be removed and if required, replaced after the work has been completed.
- All curtains and blinds are removed.
- Plastering and painting. We will only do plaster repairs to existing plaster damaged during the installation. We are not responsible for repairing walls in a poor condition (visible cracks) prior to installation. Final plastering and painting is the client’s responsibility after sealing is completed.
- We take care to avoid damage to tiling but in the unlikely event of damage, the damages need to be repaired by client.
- Client need to ensure adequate cleared working space is provided to do the installation.
Clients are reminded that during an installation, the site becomes a construction site. All care will be taken to minimize mess and we will clean as well as possible on completion of work.